Thursday, July 24, 2014

Meet Ringo!

There is a lot of great news to share with everyone, so I won't talk much about my favorite subject, the weather.  It was cold and then hot.  It rained and then it was humid. Sometimes it was cloudy, other times sunny.  The last few days have been beautiful, perfect to play in our back yard with my new little brother, Ringo!

My family adopted Ringo last week.  He is about 6 months old.  They thought he was a Yorkie/Chihuahua mix. but he is kind of big for that to be true.  We think he looks more like a miniature Pinscher mix.  Ringo is very smart and quickly learned the routine around our house.

I was difficult picking a name for him.  He didn't respond to anything.  We tried almost a dozen names before we landed on Ringo.  Daddy said he looked British.  He also smiles all the time.  I included a picture of him so you can see what I mean.
Mommy said I am being an excellent big brother.  I am very patient and tolerate a lot.  Ringo likes to chew on me and jump on my back.  He chases me around the house and yard.  Once in a while, I chase him.  It is fun.

Our book sales have been steady.  We received a nice email from a woman saying she really liked our books and appreciated our efforts to make difficult subjects less scary.

Last Saturday, we participated in a fund raiser for a charity called "Pets Loyal 2 Vets."  They match furry friends with veterans.  We had a good time and met some new friends.  People liked looking at our books and talking with Mommy.  Daddy took many pictures.
We also donated a set of Rudy books to the silent auction and several people bid on them!

We are donating another set of our books to a charity called "Home for Life."  They will have it in an auction in a few months.  They help animals who have special needs and need a forever home.  We really like helping charities.  It makes us feel good.

I feel good about my little bro, Ringo.  I think he will be a nice addition to the family.
Love,
Boomer the Mellow Yellow Lab and Little Bro, Ringo!



No comments:

Post a Comment