Wednesday, June 3, 2015

30 Years and Counting

On June 1, Mommy and Daddy celebrated their 30th Wedding Anniversary.  Being a puppy, I really don't know how much 30 is, but I am sure it's a lot.  I am five and Ringo is 1, that adds up to six.  I started counting on all my toes and got stuck.  I guess I will have to admit I don't know 30, so it has to be very big.

As I rested in the sunniest spot of our big back yard, it dawned on me.  What if Mommy and Daddy had never met?  What would have happened?  There would be no Waibel family, there would be no Waibel family puppies.  No big brothers like Kirby, Dito, Dexter and Rudy!  No little bro Ringo or ME!  The thought of this really scared me.  Ringo must have known I was deep in thought, because just at that moment, he pounced on me.  Sneak attack!  The little guy doesn't get me often, but this time I'm glad he did.

I didn't want to think about what might have been if Mommy and Daddy hadn't met a million years ago.  I believe thirty has to be close to a million because they are both giant numbers.

In honor of the anniversary, Daddy made a fabulous slide show full of pictures from all their years together.  He even included music that really fits the life they have lived and what is to come.  The music is by one of their favorite artists, Gavin DeGraw.  I hope you enjoy!

http://rudyslittleworld.com/?attachment_id=1316

Love,
Boomer the Mellow Yellow Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment