Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pump it Up and Other Stuff

Since I haven't written for a while, I would like to catch up a bit before we get rolling.

I hope everyone had a nice Veteran's Day and had a chance to thank a veteran for his/her service.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and spent time with family or friends.  Maybe you had the time to relax and ponder all the things you are thankful for in your life.  I am very thankful for my little bro, Ringo, Mommy, Daddy and my Frisbee!  I am one lucky puppy!

Mommy and Daddy participated in a local Author's Fair on November 14.  Mainly, they advised beginners on what it takes to become an author.  People like free advice.  Mommy told them they need to work very hard and get used to a lot of rejection.  Writing is just one part of being an author.  You also need to promote yourself and do hours of marketing.  It's not easy!  One person asked when she could expect to turn a profit.  Mommy said with a big smile, "If you are looking for profits, don't quit your day job!  Unless you are someone famous; a lot of writers don't turn a profit.  We do it because we love writing - it is a passion."

An update on Mommy.  Some of you know her pancreas transplant doesn't work anymore.  She started taking insulin last year.  In the last few months, she was having several low blood sugars daily.  It was really starting to affect her overall health.  Daddy said it was getting hard to see her deteriorate.  It took a lot of effort and daily interactions with medical professionals, but Mommy finally got her insulin pump!  The pump will allow her to have better control and most importantly, she can suspend insulin from entering her body when she feels a low blood sugar!  Mommy is on day four and she is already feeling better than she has in months!



I should add Mommy's pretty blue insulin pump to the list of things I am thankful for, I guess I will! It's happy dance time!

Love,
Boomer the Mellow Yellow Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment