Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July, Jackson and "It's me under all that hair!"

I got my haircut!  It's been almost 100 degrees for the last several days so it was about time.  Amanda, the nice woman that cuts my hair was on vacation, so we decided to wait until she came back.  Boomer! and I really like her.  She is really gentle and caring.  Boomer! had a mani/pedi and brush out and I got my haircut and nails done.  Very cute!

Mommy and Daddy, celebrated the third anniversary of their kidney transplant.  Daddy gave her one of his kidneys and saved her life.  Here is the July Tip of The Month I wrote earlier.  It shows how important July is to us.

For me, July is a month filled with celebrations of new life.  In July 2004, I was adopted by Mommy and Daddy and started a new life with my family.
My daddy was born on July 5, my big brother Dexter, July 4.  Many wonderful friends were born in July.  It is a great month for birthdays.
On July 4, 1776, the United States of America (the country where I live) was born.  Wow!  That was a big one!  Everybody in the nation celebrates it every year.
My final example is really important to me.  On July 16, 2009, Daddy donated a kidney to Mommy and saved her life.  I think that is very much like a birthday.  It gave her another chance at life, just like being born again.  How special is that?
Whether it is the birth of people, puppies, nations, new families or new lives, July has had a huge impact on everything I know and love today.
Take a moment to think about your special dates and how much they mean to you. 

I included a link to a story done on TV about a little boy named Jackson.  We met him last month at the NKF Volunteer Recognition Event.  I wrote about him in our 06-07 Blog entitled "A Boy Named Jackson."  We are very happy he got his transplant and his 20 year old cousin Brett generously donated one of his kidneys.  What a wonderful story!


Summer is flying by quickly.  I don't know where the time has gone.


Hopefully this heat wave will break soon and we will be able to spend more time with our friends Hobey Baker, Gertie and the little Yorkie across the street.  We don't know his name yet.  He is even smaller than me.  That's pretty small!


Love,
Rudy the "I think I lost 2 pounds of hair" poodle

No comments:

Post a Comment