Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lucky

Within three days we reached our first 60, our first 70 and our first 80 degree day of the season!  On May 1, it snowed.  U N B E L I E V A B L E !

I have had a chance to see my neighbor friends more often.  Gertie and I keep track of the neighborhood.  My friend, Hobey Baker, got bit under his eye by another dog.  He wore a cone on his head for a few days, but now he's feeling much better.

Mommy and Daddy went to the 50th anniversary of the transplant program at the University of Minnesota.  They are one of the pioneers of transplants.  In fact - they performed the first kidney transplants on diabetics.  We are very lucky to live so close to wonderful, forward thinking medical facilities.

There was a ceremony for all the living donors.  Mommy has had two living donors.  My Aunt Tammy, who gave Mommy 14 extra years of life and Daddy, who has given just under 4 years.  190 living donors were recognized.  Wow!  It was amazing.  Can you imagine the number of people that wouldn't be here if it weren't for living donors?  Mommy was very lucky to have two generous and caring people in her life.  I know my life would be a lot different if it weren't for them.

Thank you Auntie Tammy and Daddy!  You gave me life, too!


I am starting to practice my walking skills with Mommy and Daddy.  I tend to pull on the lead.  Right now, we are content with the back yard.  I don't have to protect my people very much there, so I can concentrate on walking slow.  Rudy's walking with us in spirit.

Love,
Boomer! the Grateful Mellow Yellow Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment