Saturday, May 18, 2013

PKD, Prance, Present and Milestone

"Slow down, don't pull.  Slow down, don't pull."  I hear Rudy's words of wisdom constantly as I practice walking with Mommy and Daddy.  He is my teacher, having a show dog style prance.  I'll get there.  Unlike his walking, Rudy ran with heavy feet.  Often, it was hard to tell us apart!  Affectionately, Mommy and Daddy called Rudy, "Thunder hoofies" and me, "Dainty feet."  It's funny when a 10 pound poodle sounds like a 70 pound yellow lab.  (Although, I do feel like a little dog, sometimes.)

For "Mommy's Day," the boys gave Mommy a beautiful necklace.  Daddy helped us.  It has the birthstone of each of our birthdays.  Mommy loved it.


We are helping a wonderful organization called the PKD Foundation with a fundraiser May 13 - 27.  Twenty percent of all gross book sales will be donated to their worthy cause.  PKD stands for Polycystic Kidney Disease and it affects 12 and a half million people world wide.  It is the top kidney disease and can even affect different organs in the body along with the kidneys.

Rudy's Little World hit a milestone this week.  We had our first sale from Australia!  That is very far away.  Maybe someday I will visit Australia and hop with the kangaroos.

Our weather is still swinging back and forth, I don't know what to say about that anymore.  So I won't.

Love,
Boomer the Mellow Yellow Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment