Saturday, June 15, 2013

Legacy

Guest Blog from Mommy:
Prayers or good thoughts would be greatly appreciated for us on Wednesday June 19.  It is our first children's program since little Rudy went to heaven.  I have not been able to say Rudy's name in a sentence without tears and trembles since his celebration of life.  I believe shock, sleep deprivation and adrenaline helped us make it through that day.  Now reality has set in.

I do not want to upset the kids and the phrases "giving up" and "not meeting a commitment" are not part of my character.  It will be a challenge.

I used to believe Niche's saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  Stronger is not the word I would use anymore.  Perhaps something like it "changes you" would be more accurate.  Change doesn't have to be negative.  It can make you motivated, driven, empathetic, kind, introspective or informed.  I'm not going to lie and say sad or confused don't creep into the mix once in a while.

A dear old friend recently told me, "time doesn't make a loss easier, it just makes it different."  This is true.  I have always believed in remaining positive and and will try to continue that belief.  Now it has an even more powerful purpose.... and that purpose is to carry on Rudy's legacy.  That little guy never gave up.

I was recently reminded that "Rudy is not only special to us, he is special to many."  Heartfelt thanks to Jill, Michelle, Merry and Courtney for their encouragement.

Gratefully,
Stacy
(Boomer! will return next week with his regular Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment