Saturday, August 17, 2013

Up Early, Bed Late

If early to bed, early to rise makes you healthy, wealthy and wise...  I think late to bed, early to rise makes you sleepy, sluggish and numb.

Our house has been a flurry of activity this week.  We had some windows and doors replaced.  I met two nice men that liked me very much.  In order for them to replace the windows, we had to take our curtains and shades down, move furniture and clean the garage.  Wow!  That was a lot of work!  It looks very nice now.

Although I'm sure they would have liked to play Frisbee with me, I went to my friendly puppy day care for a visit.  That was fun.  I saw my old friends, both human and puppy.  We caught up on what has been happening since my last visit and took many walks.  The weather was gorgeous, so we spent a lot of time outside.  I tried to teach Max how to play Frisbee, but he is too small.

Max is a tiny schnauzer.  He reminds me of my  brother, Rudy.  He makes my heart happy.  I taught all the little dogs a new trick I learned from Rudy.  He was known as the mighty hunter.  Rudy used to search the backyard for the biggest stick.  When he found it, he'd sneak up on it and grab it with his mouth.  He would prance around the yard showing everyone his latest capture.  He was a proud poodle!

I showed all my friends at day care the mighty hunter routine and we had a contest.  It made all the humans laugh.  I guess 5 dogs of varying sizes prancing around with big sticks in their mouths would look funny.

Love,
Boomer! the Mellow Yellow Lab


No comments:

Post a Comment