Friday, November 29, 2013

Blink an Eye, Another Holiday Goes By

It seems just like yesterday when I was dressed like a shark for Halloween.  Now it's the day after Thanksgiving and there are only 25 days to shop for Christmas!  Hanuka just began and before you know it, we will start a new year.

While Mommy and Daddy were starting their Thanksgiving prep, we were watching, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."  It has been a long time tradition in our home.  This year we watched it with mixed emotions.  At one point we'd laugh, the next we'd cry.  The show reminds us a lot of our sweet Rudy.

Rudolph's personality, mannerisms and even the voice are just like Rudy.  When Rudolph leaps in the air exclaiming, "She thinks I'm cute!" during flying practice was a hard spot.  All of us immediately thought of little Rudy jumping four feet over a two inch threshold or even a small stick with great enthusiasm.  I'm sure he could fly!

Mommy and Rudy wrote a story called, "Rudy the Red-Nosed Poodle," after this Christmas favorite.  Everything is happening so fast.  I'm just a four year-old Mellow Yellow Lab and I can't keep up!

I wonder why the calendar makers decided to have so many holidays close together?  Something to ponder.  I think I will - while I nap on the couch by the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment