Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One More Blog

Since it is December 31, I thought I would write one more blog for 2013 to summarize the year.  Two words come to mind, change and firsts.  It was a year full of changes without our sweet Rudy, which lead to a year full of firsts.

One thing has remained constant, the weather has been crazy!  We had a late Spring - snow on the ground in May.  Our summer was too cold or too hot, never in between.  Fall was nice, but short.  We are experiencing our second round of multiple sub zero days in a row.  The forecast states we will have another starting next week.  I know we live in Minnesota, but this is not normal!  When it is this cold it hurts my feet.  The ice freezes my toes together.  OUCH!

My kitty friends gave me two new blue toys.  They are smaller then me and I pretend they are my little brothers.  I have met a couple of new dog friends and a couple new humans that invited me to sleepovers a few times.  I played Frisbee at home in my backyard and hung out with neighbor friends Hobey and Gertie.

Mommy and Daddy kept up with Rudy's Little World and I started writing the blog.  Rudy was a good mentor.

Another part of my life that has not changed is I know how much I am loved.  Mommy and Daddy have always and will always love me and my brothers, this will never change.

Mommy got a shirt that says, "All my children have paws."  And she wears it with pride.  She also has a necklace with all the birth stones of me and my brothers.  She never takes it off.

So in a year of changes, 2013 was full of love.  I know 2014 will be too.  Other than that, who knows what is in store.  I would be happy with the love and more nice Frisbee weather!

Happy New Year, I hope it's full of love for you.

We echo the sentiment of our good friend Helen, we "truly hope 2014 will bring blessings exceeding the number of trials that 2013 held for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment