Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lots of Fun coming up

We had a children's storytime at the library yesterday.  The kids were 3 - 4 years old.  It was fun!  We were wondering if people would come out because it was so cold windy and blustery.

We are going to be very busy - between Jauary 26th and February 28th we have 7 events.  It's a variety too, children's school programs, family nights, and a diabetic support group.  We are very excited.  Mommy would like to find a charity walk or two to do in the spring.  Mommy and Daddy really enjoyed the 3K they did so they know they can handle that distance.  Who knows, maybe if the snow melts, we can practice and even do a longer one!  Of course we would like to do a couple of events in April for National Donate Life Month.  But we are up for anything.

I wanted to share this with you even though it might embarass Mommy a little bit.  This is a review about Mommy's writing:

"Waibel’s stories are not picture dependent for a reader or listener to understand and imagine all the action that is taking place.  While the pictures are important, it is always a treat to find books that will be enjoyable for children who cannot see the pictures.  This is something I was always searching for when I worked at the Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library and I continue to take note of these special books when I find them in my current job."

Jenifer Wagner, Children's Librarian
Dakota County Heritage Library
Lakeville, Minnesota

It's nice to hear some detail for a change.  Usually I just hear people say, "Man, that girl can write!"  (I think they forget that I help).

Stay warm.
Love,
Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment