Friday, April 22, 2011

Talking to the Lions?? And other stuff

On Wednesday afternoon, Mommy got a call to do a speaking engagement for the Lions that night.  The scheduled speaker had to cancel last minute and they hoped Mommy could fill in.  At first I was confused.  Was Mommy going to the jungle or zoo to talk to the animals?  I know we like animals but lions are pretty big.  I thought I should be with her as security.  Then Daddy explained the Lions were a club of people that help the community.  They are called the "Lion's Club."  I figured it was safe.  She did a good job especially with such short notice plus she sold many of our books!

Sunday is my 7th birthday!  It is also Easter!  It will be a double celebration, lots of fun!  The next day I go to the vet to make sure my infection is gone.  I feel much better!  I have been taking my pills, eating well and running around with Boomer!  Everything seems back to normal.

Our friend Carole got a new puppy named Wyatt.  He is 7 weeks old.  He is so cute!

We received a nice email from the woman who organizes the Bloomington Writer's Festival.  Her grand daughter bought "What's On My Nose?" to read with her later.  When they shared the book some of my thoughts and comments "made them laugh out loud."  She took the time to share that with us.  It's nice to hear that people like your work.  She said "They loved it!"

Love,
Rudy (I could've been a lion tamer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment