Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Updates

We had our heat wave last week.  It lasted two days.  Eleven inches of snow fell the next day.  A nice neighbor helped us plow out our driveway.  We have a snow pack of 30 inches in our yard and around the driveway and sidewalk - it is too tall to measure.  YIKES!

I know we live in Minnesota, but this is ridiculous!  The average temperature on Saturday should be 34 degrees.  The weather guessers say we will be lucky to stay above zero.  That's right, another polar vortex!  The guessers hope the temperatures will be more normal by Thursday, March 6.  I sure hope so.  We have plans!

Last blog, I mentioned my concern about not having a valentine.  I am happy to report, that has changed.  The following day, my other neighbor friend, Hobey Baker came outside.  We ran to meet each other and exchanged kisses.  That's good enough for me!  I like Hobey very much, I don't get to see him often because his parents work strange hours.  He likes to run like me and he is very fast!

We sold some more books this week.  A nice woman from out east was looking for a book describing her kidney transplant.  She was a teacher and wanted to talk to the children about it.  That's where we come in!  Rudy's books to the rescue!  She loved them so much, she purchased more for other people.  We are keeping in touch.  That makes us all feel good about fulfilling our mission.

We hope the snow melts by June, so until then; we hope everyone can stay warm and snuggle a puppy.  In a pinch, a cat will do! :)

Love,
Boomer!  the Mellow Yellow Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment