Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Brother Boomer's Birthday


Today is my little brother Boomer's birthday!  He is two on August 2.  That means it is his golden birthday.  He is also a golden color.  He is pretty.  In fact, he is beautiful!  I am little and cute while he is big and beautiful.  Although we are different in appearance, we are very much alike in other ways.

When we first adopted Boomer! he was very tiny.  He grew very quickly!  He is a good brother.  He rarely barks, only when it is play time or he thinks he needs to protect the family.  He greets all the neighbors every time we go outside.  Boomer! gives tours of the house to our doggy friends.  I think he will be a professional Frisbee player when he's older.  Boomer! runs very fast and with a lot of grace.  He can catch the Frisbee while in mid air!  Amazing!

Boomer! is very gentle with Mommy and me.  He knows he needs to keep his strength in check when he plays with us.  He is very strong and we are not!  He saves the power for play time with Daddy.  He listens very well to Mommy - I think he knows he should because she can't see and worries about us.  Whenever she calls us, he immediately goes to her.  He kind of leads her around too.  He always keeps an eye on me - as I do on him.  We watch out for each other.  He is so smart he has already learned our daily routine and never deviates from it.  It is kind of funny, when we need to change a bit, Boomer! prefers the regular way.  Everything has its time and order.

Boomer! also shares his toys fairly well.  He got two chew toys for his birthday and shares them with me.

Once in a while Mommy and Daddy have to leave.  Boomer! has to be in his "crib" for that time.  (He still likes to counter surf and get into things.)  His "crib" is his bachelor pad.  He is quite comfortable, I like it.  Boomer! knows exactly when to go in it.  Daddy heads to the "treats" and says, "Meet you in the crib!"  and there Boomer! is - waiting!

I am an excellent guide and mentor.  At 2, Boomer! still has many things to learn.  He is so smart, I'm sure he will have no problem.  I love my brother and he loves me.  I think that's the way it should be.  That Rhymes!  Maybe I'm a poet?  Happy Birthday Boomer!  I'm proud of you.

Love,
Big Brother Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment