Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday America and Daddy!

I wanted to share my July Tip of the Month.  It's about the Fourth of July, and my awesome daddy:

July is an exciting month.  First of all, we have the Fourth of July.  That celebrates our country's independence.  I don't really like fireworks (like most dogs), but I understand the meaning behind them.  I wish we could just see the pretty lights and not hear the loud noises!
The day after is my daddy's birthday!  When he was young, his mom and dad told him the fireworks were to celebrate his birthday.  As he got older, he found out the real reason, but he didn't mind sharing the celebration with our nation.
A few months ago, Mommy and Daddy went to New Jersey.  When they flew in to the city, they went right over the Statue of Liberty.  Wow!  It was the first time they saw it in person.  Daddy said it was breathtaking.  That means it was really awesome!  On the way home, they flew out at night.  A bridge going into New York City had its arches lit with red, white and blue!  That looked beautiful too.  They felt so lucky to have had that experience.
There are many symbols all over the country that stand for our nation's freedom.  I am very proud to live here!  Have you ever visited any of these sites?
Have a Happy 4th!

Love,
Rudy

P.S.  I attached a link to a slide show from last Wednesday's children's program in Hastings.  Enjoy!
http://www.rudyslittleworld.com/gallery/images/Hastings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment