Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is Heat a Four Letter Word?

Since four letter words have four letters, heat would literally qualify as a four letter word.  Lately, heat is a different kind of four letter word.  It has really put a damper on outdoor activities.  Between the temperature and humidity, it has been extremely uncomfortable.  Trips outside have been short so we don't get much exercise.  The heat can also be harmful to some of us.  Mommy has a lot of trouble with high temperatures because of the medicine she takes for her transplants.  Sometimes she gets sick from the heat.  I have to watch my water intake and make sure I get plenty.  I am little and dark so I absorb warmth faster then my brother Boomer!  I have to be extra careful with my condition.

We hope the next two days will be more mild. The following weekend promises another heat wave!  This is why I think heat is a four letter word.

I have a check up scheduled this week.  I'm sure it will be good news.  I'm taking my medicine, eating my special diet (so is Boomer!), and drinking lots of water and enjoying my "Gentle Snackers."  Yum - Yum!

July 16 is a big day in our home.  I'll tell you more about it next time.

Love,
Rudy, the heat absorbing poodle

No comments:

Post a Comment