Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Daddy's Day!

There's an old saying, "Burning the candle at both ends."  That means staying up late and getting up early the next morning.  Well, I think we've been doing that a lot around here and yesterday we had to catch up on sleep!  We all slept through our morning alarm.  When Mommy woke up, she quickly got the rest of us going to start our routine.  Boomer! and I ate breakfast, I had my medicine, and we "took care of business."  Daddy was still tired.  Since it was "Daddy's Day" Mommy asked him if he'd like to take a nap.  He did and we slept until lunch!  We've never done that before!  The last time Daddy took a nap was right after surgery when he gave Mommy a kidney for her transplant two years ago.  When we woke up, Boomer! and I gave Daddy his present.  I included a picture - Boomer! needs to learn how to pose, he can take lessons from me because I'm a pro.  It was a very nice day!
Time to make more gift bags and get some book orders ready!  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow and go to bed now - wouldn't want to start burning that candle at both ends again!

Love,
Bedtime Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment