Monday, June 27, 2011

Sounds That Go Thump in the Night

We slept through our Sunday morning alarm again.  This time it was for reasons beyond our control.  Saturday night a local community must have been shooting fireworks.  We could hear the bangs and booms, but we couldn't see the lights in the sky.  Boomer! doesn't know what to think about fireworks, he has had only one 4th of July.  I have had seven.  While he is confused, I know I don't like them.  They are too loud and scare me.

Once we finally settled down, we went to sleep.  I was startled in the middle of the night by a loud noise.  I started barking because of my fear.  Mommy woke up the same time I did; it startled her too.  Mommy comforted me so I would calm down.  Boomer! was walking around in a daze.  (I think he's confused a lot.)  Daddy asked us what was going on.  Mommy told him there was a loud noise that woke us up.

We eventually fell asleep again, but it took a while.  Sunday afternoon was beautiful.  The sun finally made an appearance so Daddy mowed the lawn.  Later, Boomer! and I romped all around the yard.

We have a children's program on Wednesday in Hastings.  It will be lots of fun!  I love it!

Love,
Rudy the OMG!  What was that? Poodle

No comments:

Post a Comment